If you come to Uganda and you don’t visit the Murchison Falls then your Uganda Safari Dreams are not complete. The 3 Days Murchison Falls Big 5 Savanna Safari gives you a real taste of BIG GAME safari with a boat ride on the mighty Nile river to enjoy the river bank’s wildlife like hippos, elephants and birds.
The 3 Days Murchison Falls Big 5 Savanna Safari takes you to the renowned Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda’s spectacular heritage, with breathtaking scenic allure, and landscapes. You will enjoy a game drive and a boat cruise along the Nile River and observe the squeezing of the Nile River in a 7 meter gorge before tumbling 40 meters down in a thunderous explosion and then flows down into a very peaceful river whose water banks are swarmed with a profusion of water and land animals as well as birds.
Murchison falls National park houses the famous African big four (lion, leopard, elephant, and Cape buffalo) and to complete the African BIG 5 game animals, you’ll stop over at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary to visit the last of the white Rhinoceros.
- Chimp tracking
- General walks
- Murchison falls
- Game drives
- Boat launch on the Victoria Nile
DAY 1: Road Trip Via Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary to Murchison Falls National Park
From Kampala after breakfast, Departure is at 7 am, head North through the districts of Luweero and Masindi through their traditional farms and villages, stopping at Ziwa Ranch Rhino Sanctuary for rhino tracking. head to Masindi town for lunch en-routes and re-fueling after proceed to Murchison falls National Park. Go straight to tour the Top and bottom of majestic falls, where the Nile crashes through a 7 metres gorge to the falls 45 metres.
Numerous scenic viewpoints are a photographers delight on this Murchison Falls safari. The most impressive view is of the foaming waters rushing into the gorge with a deafening roar.
DAY 2: Big Game Drive in Murchison Falls National Park
Wake up for a sumptuous breakfast served at 06: 30 am, so that Murchison Falls Safari explorers can begin with an early game drive in the peninsula between the Victoria and lake Albert Nile known as the Buligi circuit, catch the highest concentration of animals in the wilds of Murchison falls, cross to the Northern bank with the Ferry and set up for an early morning game drives.
Your English speaking Murchison Falls Safari guide will help you to spot elephants, lions, giraffes, buffalos and rare hyena, they hide and butterflies are abundant.
The lush patches of forest along the waterways and the conspicuous borassus palms, dotting the ridges and valleys in between add to the attraction of the parks landscape.
After that exhilarating Murchison Falls Safari morning Savannah game drive, you’ll come back for your lunch, relax for a few minutes, and later take a magnificent boat cruise to the base of the majestic Murchison falls.
The earth literally trembles to the one of the world’s most powerful flows of natural water, while crocodiles soak up the sun with their vast jaws menacingly agape.
Magically the air is torn apart by the unforgettable dieting of a pair of fish eagles asserting their status as the avian monarchs of African’s water ways and hippos yawn on the way, Spectacular bird life is found here including the rare shoebill stork and you’re likely to see numerous species’ of animals.
Return for your dinner and overnight. At Red Chilli Rest Camp/Parkside Safari Lodge
DAY 3: Chimpanzee Trekking and transfer back to Kampala
After your breakfast, head to the forest for the general walks at Kaniyo pabidi, where you can trek chimpanzees, trekking is on the Masindi-paara road, 8kms from kichumbanyobo main gate, you will have a chance of spotting other primates like the red tail and blue monkeys with so many more species of birds, if you’re a birder, you will enjoy bird watching as well.
After proceed to Kampala then to Entebbe where you will board you’ flight back home with a memorable experience.
QUICK TOUR DETAILS
- National Park entry permits
- Boat / Canoeing Fees
- Tour Guides Park fees
- Safari Vehicle, Gas & Driver
- B&B Accommodation
- Airport transfers
- Lunch enroutes and mineral water
- Spirits/alcoholic drinks
- And other personal activities are your personal charge
Single Entry Uganda Tourist Visa Cost $50 and can be acquired at point of entry (border or Airport Immigration desk) or online at https://visas.immigration.go.ug/. We wouldn’t recommend the online process because many of our travellers have found if lengthy and disturbing. But you can try your luck.
Documents you need for the online Visa application?
- Copy of your Passport (Bio-data page)
- Copy of a recent Passport size Photograph (copy)
- Travel Itinerary (for East African Visa)
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate copy
- Return Air Ticket (copy)
You can acquire an East African Visa if you’re going to do a safari to Uganda, Rwanda or Kenya which saves you on logistics and bureaucracy.
Find more safari visa information here: https://visas.immigration.go.ug/#/help/visa
What to wear on the Murchison Falls Safari
- Wide Brimmed Hat comes in handy for blocking out the Tropical Sun especially if you take a Walking Safari or Horseback Riding Safari
- Forget the bright colors, there are enough birds here that every hue imaginable, flowers also. Tans, Browns, Green, even Blue Jeans are good. Blue Jeans show less of the African soil than do light Khaki Trousers. Also keep away from Big Hunter outfits.
- Make sure that clothing is comfortable and not too tight.
- Light trousers are great – (Zip Off Trousers) – the zipper kind that turns them into shorts – they are also easy to wash and do not take weight. Keep away from shorts for a safari, use them by the pool of a lodge.
- Tan shirts, other solid colors, long sleeved are actually good for protection, stay away from blues which do attract Tse Tse flies.
- Shoes, good walking shoes, or light hiking boots are needed-do not bring brand new boots, break them in first.
- Light Jacket comes in handy during the evenings…even a light sweater for some regions of Uganda
Travellers are advised to be vaccinated at least 10 days before travelling to protect from contracting disease should any chance of contact happen. Travellers are advised to ensure they carry their Vaccination Cards (specifically the YELLOW FEVER card) with them throughout their travel to avoid any inconveniences. While in Uganda always sleep under a treated mosquito net which we’ll make sure the hotel/lodge we book you in has got.